Here my sixth conversation with my friend Tamara Powell. In episode 81 we discussed why we built our business and breaking through limiting beliefs. In episode 85 we talked about labels and constructs that may be holding you back and encouraged you to begin to explore them. In episode 89 we discussed the magic of liminal space or seasons of change. In episode 93 we discussed navigating fears in business and life. In episode 98 we talked about the opportunities our blind spots and shadow work bring to our lives.
If you do not know Tamara Powell, LMHC is a licensed therapist, university psychology instructor, and empowerment coach who believes life should be lived as a journey that is “anything but ordinary.”
Her work is specialized to help individuals break free from toxic cycles of distress, dysfunction, and dissatisfaction with life that are created when trying to live according to someone else’s rules.
Only by living what she calls radical autonomy, can one obtain soul nourishing relationships and a sense of true life purpose and inner peace.
In this episode-Personal Development:
- Our thoughts on why personal development is important for every woman to do
- Fears and mindset shifts that occur doing development around being a business owner
- Tamara shares her two fears she addressed
- Nicole shares her reasons why she invests in personal development
- How do you keep growth from being pathological or using it as an avoidance?
- Are you tuning into your biofeedback?
- Wisdom from Iyanla Vanzant regarding fear
- Tamara shares show called Casketeers and being Type 1 on Enneagram
- How do you know it is time to invest or upgrade your mindset?
- Question to ask yourself “What does your authentic soul feel like?”
- Is it time to do an experiment?
- Do you need to stay stuck?
- Reasons that women state on what prevents them from investing in themselves
- Cultural messaging with women and personal growth
- Do you ask for permission to do personal growth vs stating what you want
- Internal change shifts the external
For your FREE email on “10 Signs You Might Be a Perfectionist” click the button and sign up.