Here my sixth conversation with my friend Tamara Powell. In episode 81 we discussed why we built our business and breaking through limiting beliefs. In episode 85 we talked about labels and constructs that may be holding you back and encouraged you to begin to explore them. In episode 89 we discussed the magic of liminal space or seasons of change. In episode 93 we discussed navigating fears in business and life. In episode 98 we talked about the opportunities our blind spots and shadow work bring to our lives. In episode 103 we discussed why personal development shouldn’t be a buzzword and is part of your self-care.
If you do not know Tamara Powell, LMHC is a licensed therapist, university psychology instructor, and empowerment coach who believes life should be lived as a journey that is “anything but ordinary.”
Her work is specialized to help individuals break free from toxic cycles of distress, dysfunction, and dissatisfaction with life that are created when trying to live according to someone else’s rules.
Only by living what she calls radical autonomy, can one obtain soul-nourishing relationships and a sense of true life purpose and inner peace.
In this episode-Imposter Syndrome:
- Exploring competition and where the beliefs stemmed from
- Tamara shares some of her personal insights regarding healthy competition vs imposter syndrome
- Nicole shares some of her lessons learned and comparisonitis and breaking free of approval from others
- Moving through feedback, or lack of, from family and friends when deciding to follow your soul’s calling and changing directions in life
- Being acknowledged and being seen
- The is no “one way” to build your business
- Where does support from in building your business
- Other people’s fear projections
- Constraints on business within our field of psychology
- Going beyond surviving and thriving and into being of service
- Creating a sustainable business and giving back
- Nicole shares her process in creating a course for psychotherapist regarding creating financial sustainability (Practical Profit for Psychotherapists)
- How did Tamara stay focused and with her why
- Finding resources outside your field and at your level or beyond
- Moving through imposter syndrome
- Amy Cuddy’s book Presence and the research on imposter syndrome
- Tamara shares her moving through past religious beliefs
- How does Tamara reframe moments of doubts to a higher vibration
- Slowing things down to tune into inner wisdom
- The world mirrors back what you are sending out
- Life is a paradox
- Abundance is more than finances
- Are you open to receiving?
- A visualization for you to ponder about your life
Disclaimer: I am an affiliate of Amazon and receive a small portion of the sales, which helps me with continuing this podcast.
Amy Cuddy: Presence
Free Workshop on “5 Shifts to End Overwhelm as an HSP Woman Entrepreneur”