Here is my eighth conversation with my friend Tamara Powell. In episode 81 we discussed why we built our business and breaking through limiting beliefs. In episode 85 we talked about labels and constructs that may be holding you back and encouraged you to begin to explore them. In episode 89 we discussed the magic of liminal space or seasons of change. In episode 93 we discussed navigating fears in business and life. In episode 98 we talked about the opportunities our blind spots and shadow work bring to our lives. In episode 103 we discussed why personal development shouldn’t be a buzzword and is part of your self-care. In episode 109 we chatted about how we faced some of our own fears around imposter syndrome, competition, and comparisonitis.
If you do not know Tamara Powell, LMHC is a licensed therapist, university psychology instructor, CEO, and empowerment coach who believes life should be lived as a journey that is “anything but ordinary.”
Her work is specialized to help individuals break free from toxic cycles of distress, dysfunction, and dissatisfaction with life that are created when trying to live according to someone else’s rules.
Only by living what she calls radical autonomy, can one obtain soul-nourishing relationships and a sense of true life purpose and inner peace.
In this episode-CEOs:
- Tamara shares her top three lessons learned being a business owner/CEO
- Can not always be a “nice girl” (Good girl episode)
- Unlearning the messages (episode 47)
- What is benevolent racism
- What are the “well-intended” messages in your life?
- Myth of balance in life
- Nicole shares her top three lessons learned
- Why niching is important as CEOs
- Having grit and perseverance
- Why is self-care so important?
- What Tamara does daily/weekly in checking in with herself and her business
- Tracking your menstrual cycle
- How busyness is a blocker
- Do you celebrate your wins?
- Navigating feeling guilty during COVID-19 and being a mom, entrepreneur, CEO, and partner
- Assertion of self-especially as a highly sensitive woman
- When people-pleasing behavior turned into resentment
- Reexamining expectations on friendships and relationships especially during the pandemic
- Highly Sensitive and being loyal to people
- Ask yourself “Who is the “I” that is thinking this?”
- Finding your tribe vs well-intentioned family and friends
- Tamara shares her self-care routine
- Nicole shares her self-care regime
- Emotional Quotient (Episode 45)
- How do I want today to feel?
- What is my WHY (Episode 108)
- What is your definition of having it all, of success, etc
Disclaimer: I am an affiliate of Amazon and receive a small portion of the sales, which helps me with continuing this podcast. Books recommendations are based on ones myself and/or my guests have read. Some are business, being CEOs, money mindsets, relationships, facing fears and more.
Michael Hyatt: Living Forward
Michael Hyatt: The Vision Driven Leader
Free Workshop on “5 Shifts to End Overwhelm as an HSP Woman Entrepreneur”