Guest Dr. Julia Hipp is a naturopathic doctor and highly sensitive person, who has helped other highly sensitive people improve their health in thousands of hours of patient care visits.
She has a special passion for helping HSPs with digestive issues transform from overwhelmed to empowered – physically, mentally, and emotionally.
She runs a naturopathic clinic, Achillea (pronounced Ah-kill-ee-ah) Natural Medicine in Bellingham, WA, where she lives with her partner, Steve, and their two kitties.
In this episode: Naturopathic
- Julia shares why she became a Naturopathic doctor and the event that propelled her forward.
- What is a Naturopathic Doctor and how they are different than traditional doctors?
- Is licensure consistent in every state in the United States?
- Common issues Julia hears from highly sensitive people
- HSPs can often sense their internal body states
- Why it is important to advocate for your health
- Perimenopause and Menopause episodes (episode 115 and episode 116)
- Can have different symptoms due to our nervous systems
- Medication sensitivities and things to be aware of
- Julia treats the whole person and the ways she works both in state and out of state
- Educating your primary care physician or other medical professionals
- Using a team approach
- Julia shares teas, essential oils, and breathing techniques for reducing overwhelm and stress levels
- Opening your vagus nerve and assisting your digestion
- Are you willing to try a contrast shower?
- How HSPs often describe brain fog
- Other underlying causes that may be causing fog
- Cortisol levels and adrenal glands and how on-going stress negatively impacts women
- Food intolerance testing vs elimination diets
- Julia’s recommendations for your physical health
- Autoimmune issues and inflammation in our bodies
- Julia shares her self-care practices