Dawson Church, PhD, is a health writer and researcher who has edited or authored a number of books in the fields of health, psychology, and spirituality. He is an award-winning science writer with three best-selling books to his credit.
The Genie in Your Genes (YourGeniusGene.com) was the first book to demonstrate that emotions drive gene expression.
Mind to Matter, (MindToMatter.com) showed that the brain creates much of what we think of as “objective reality.”
Bliss Brain (BlissBrain.com) demonstrates that peak mental states rapidly remodel the brain for happiness. And the one we are speaking about on the show.
Dawson has conducted dozens of clinical trials, and founded the National Institute for Integrative Healthcare to promote groundbreaking new treatments. Its largest program, the Veterans Stress Project, has offered free treatment to over 20,000 veterans with PTSD over the past decade.
Dawson shares how to apply these health and performance breakthroughs through EFT Universe, one of the largest alternative medicine sites on the web. (EFT stands for Emotional Freedom Technique.)
In this episode: Bliss Brain
- Dr. Church shares why he wrote Bliss Brain
- Where science and mysticism come together
- Measuring brain waves and this one brain wave measures integration and happiness (25 TIMES more)
- New neuroscience research stating no longer taking 10,000 hours to attain it nor going away to a monastery
- What is Ecomeditation?
- When do people drop out of heart coherence?
- Do you need to still your mind?
- Get addicted to how you feel good without the side effects
- Dawson shares a quote from a woman about her experience after doing Ecomeditation
- Our highly addictive chemicals we have in our bodies
- Resilient brain and trauma
- Dawson shares his research in trauma and doing EFT and therapy prior to elevated states
- Health and Human Service state 1 out of 3 girls molested and 1 out of 5 boys molested; half of all teenagers experience physical violence
- He discusses how people heal from EFT (emotionally focused tapping)
- Recovering from post-traumatic stress disorder from horrific events
- Dark night of the soul (Spiritual bypassing) if attempting elevated states without working through previous trauma
- What is post-traumatic growth?
- Brain’s negativity bias-prime example of news stories
- Looking at the evidence of positive changes as human development
- Raising consciousness and practicing where you place your attention
- Emotionally neutral vs reactive
- It is possible we can become 25 times happier!!!!
- Can change our brains quickly
- Do you have a good dentate gyrus?
- Regulating your emotions creates a much better life
Other Resources Mentioned
Hardware of our brain is being remodeled by software of our consciousness – Dr. Dawson Church