Bonnie Hagemann is a renowned expert in visionary leadership and workforce trends. She is the CEO of EDA, Inc. premium human capital brand with a powerful CultureTech platform that is designed to make culture visible and executive development services including executive and high-potential development, succession planning, C-Suite coaching, board evaluations, and creating compelling cultures that last.
She is a published author of 3 books and is often called on for leadership strategy by organizations and as a subject matter expert for the media including MarketWatch, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, CNN, US News and World Report, and many more.
She is a gender-equality advocate, a member of the business council for the global illuminator, Exponent.org, and co-founder and co-chair of WomenExecs on Boards.
And if you haven’t done so yet, I love hearing from my listeners you can leave me a voice message.
Our goal is to leave the ladder down and reach down — Bonnie
In this episode: Women
- Bonnie shares a professional experience at Harvard with Lisa (co-author of the book) and why they created their network of over 200 women leaders
- The why behind the book
- The women’s stories who didn’t make the book are on their podcast
- Areas focused on in this book
- If you want to do a book club there are book guides
- Bonnie shares her story which is in the book and the questions they ask women
- Bonnie states being a “workaholic”, where it stems from, and how it has impacted her health
- Being open to receiving support from friend/colleague
- Burning out and her worrying about not recovering
- Using a Jewish practice of sabbath to assist in work-life balance
- Becoming more mindful and being out in nature for self-care
- Being a highly sensitive person (episode 9) and needing 2 hours of downtime
- Some recommendations for downtime without screens
- Slow startups for HSPs and Empaths
- Book shares various challenges women have faced
- Showing up and being vulnerable as a leader
- Feeling supported as you climb the ladder, earn more money, and become the leader you desire
- The dedication from the book
- Stretching physically and professionally
- This book is for women and men-helping end discrimination and recognizes our own biases.
- Growth mindset
- Women on WallStreet
- Resiliency and Choosing the Right Partner
- What to do if you choose to stay in an unequal partnership
- Who has inspired Bonnie
Bonnie and Lisa are offering 2 things:
- A complimentary copy of the 2021 Trends in Executive Development research to benchmark your organization and
- An author talk to kick off your corporate bookclub if you choose one of our books Leading with Vision or The Courage to Advance
*Disclaimer: Some links are affiliate links which means I receive a small portion of the revenue. This helps me produce this podcast.
Are you enjoying Soulfilled Sisterhood podcast?
Download or go into your Apple Podcast player where you can leave me a 5-star rating and/or a written review. This helps the podcast to be discovered by more women like you! Thank you for your on-going support.