Marissa Lawton is a licensed counselor, national board-certified counselor, and member of the American Counseling Association.
She is also an avid content marketer and lights up partnering with female clinicians to build, grow, and scale their private practices through strategic AND authentic online marketing.
Marissa is the creator of Cathartic Marketing, an insight-oriented meets solution-focused group experience that helps therapists build a brand, find their target market online, and generate on-brand content that speaks directly to their ideal clients. She is transforming traditional marketing techniques into those that work for (and are ethical for) therapy practices.
In this episode:
- Marissa shares her journey from being in finance, a psychotherapist and now in marketing and building a business with multiple moves due to the army
- Becoming a mother and wanting to return to having her own business
- Marissa shares being more extroverted due to family roles and her self-discovery of “being more of an ambivert”-extroverted in social situations and more introverted at home
- How she manages her quiet time with her younger daughters
- How she and her husband’s introversion and extroversion has shifted over the years
- Her WHY behind building an online business
- How her mom influenced her
- Ways the Army supports families
- Working through loss of friendships from wanting to be both a mom and entrepreneur
- Importance of authenticity in your business
- Supporting one another as women and staying true to you (Episode One-Self-Awareness)
- How she supports psychotherapists in building their business ethically and authentically
- The legacy she and her husband want to leave their children
- Power of dialoguing with your partner
- Advocating for her introverted daughter in an extroverted society
- Ending generational patterns that do not work for you or your family
- Embracing different temperaments in the family
- Importance of getting on your child’s viewpoint or intuned with them
- Delegating job tasks to live family value (
Disclaimer: This is an affiliate link, which means I receive a small portion of the proceeds. The proceeds are applied to the cost of creating, editing and maintaining the podcast.