Nicole Burgess is a licensed marriage and family therapist and an Empowerment and Leadership Coach to high achieving and introverted women. She helps them end the overwhelmed and stressed out cycle, create a balance between their work and home life and be the change makers they are called to be.
Nicole was trained in Transpersonal Psychology, has a daily practice of mind-body connection and helps women to reconnect to their inner wisdom through this connection.
In this episode:
- Amy Cuddy discusses how her traumatic brain injury at the age of 19 left her feeling “anxious, disoriented, making bad decisions, not sure what to do next” in her life.
- She is now a Harvard Business School professor and social psychologist and known around the world.
- How are body poses and small nudges can make a big difference.
- Her definition of presence
- How presence can impact our daily life
- Episode One-Power of Self-Awareness and Contemplation
- Episode 23-Midlife Unraveling
- Amy discusses Impostor Syndrome-it is not just felt by women or specific demographics.
- Philosopher and Psychologist William Jame’s work from 1800’s continues to influence our knowledge today
- Amy’s TED talk in 2012-Wonder Woman and Starfish Up
- How yoga can improve our mind and body connection
- The power of small incremental changes, or nudges, can lead to big changes in our lives.
- “Don’t fake it till you make it, fake it till you become it.”
Disclaimer: This is an affiliate link, which means I receive a small portion of the proceeds. The proceeds are applied to the cost of creating, editing and maintaining the podcast.