Jodie Gale is a soul-centred psychotherapist, and a psychotherapeutic counsellor and coach. With 20 years of experience in the field, and having appeared in numerous publications in print and online, Jodie is a leading specialist in women’s emotional, psychological and spiritual health and well-being. She has a particular interest in helping women transform their relationship with food, body and soul.
Jodie has a private therapy and life-coaching practice on the Northern Beaches of Sydney in Australia.
In this episode:
- 1:05 – Who is Jodie and how did she find this work?
- 2:20 – You meet the people you need
- Nicole’s previous interview with Jodie (episode 25-Building Soul Self through Eating Disorder Recovery)
- 4:00 – IVF… What REALLY is that?
- 5:05 – Would you believe the percentage of couples that struggle with reproductive issues? I bet not.
- 7:20 – How infertility, IVF and trauma can go hand in hand.
- 10:20 – So Jodie, do you mind sharing what your own personal traumas were?
- 13:35 – What do the actual treatments look like and how can those trigger?
- 18:20 – Difficulties you never even IMAGINE would arise throughout IVF.
- 20:30 – Male doctors really run the show
- 24:00 – Social consequences for a private experience
- 26:47 – What you SHOULD say to someone going through IVF. Take note everyone! (Brene Brown Video link)
- 29:00 – How infertility and IVF clinics try to support their patients… and does it really help?
- 30:50 – Jodie’s recommendation to take care of your mental health, your relationship, and your journey through infertility and IVF
- 34:50 – Online support groups are a lifeline
- 37:00 – Fostering relationship with the other parts of yourself
- 37:37 – What was the biggest obstacle and how did you overcome it?
- 41:12 – So how do you feel about infertility now?
- 44:30 – Keep some of this in mind if you’re considering infertility and IVF treatment
Receive FREE meditations. Click the button and begin to reduce your stress and anxiety starting today.