At the end of each month over the next 8 months Tamara and I are going to be talking about subjects we hear from our clients. Stay tuned over the next couple of months because we have an awesome collabortion possibility.
Tamara is a returning guest. She was on episode 3. Tamara Powell, LMHC is a licensed therapist, university psychology instructor, and empowerment coach who believes life should be lived as a journey that is “anything but ordinary.”
Her work is specialized to help individuals break free from toxic cycles of distress, dysfunction, and dissatisfaction with life that are created when trying to live according to someone else’s rules.
Only by living what she calls radical autonomy, can one obtain soul nourishing relationships and a sense of true life purpose and inner peace.
In this episode-Entrepreneurs:
- Tamara and I share the “why” behind why we started our own businesses as therapists and coaches
- What Tamara’s past mentor once told her
- Following your calling vs a job or career
- Not following the traditional path
- Embracing your uniqueness
- Entrepreneurs vs traditional jobs and financial freedom
- Building another business
- Facing fears and how they can shift as a small business owner
- Are you a purple sheep in your area, your tribe?
- What happens when you are no longer willing to charge what others do?
- Do you have a belief or mindset that holds you back?
- Can you really make an earning as a therapist?
- Money beliefs
- What we some of the first hurdles that you overcome or positive surprises
- Nicole shares her experience of building a business with a supervisor
- Tamara shares her surprise of practice building
- Are you unconsciously trying to fit in to group mentality or break free from it
- Are you looking through rose colored glasses or from fear and lack
- Getting curious about your conditioning
- Innovation and it’s importance
- What have we learned about ourselves through entrepreneurship?
- Gaining insight on what you want and don’t want to do or build as a small business owner
- Taking calculated risks
- Do you have a niche or themes for your business
- Remember you are the CEO of YOUR business
- Future episode-diving further into your niche
- Building raving fans for your business
- Action steps: explore your inner roadblocks, challenging the mindset of your community, and investing in your own personal development
Entrepreneurship is a lot like parenting – Tamara