Stephannie Weikert is a Certified Yoga Therapist who helps smart, capable men and women manage stress with some of the most fundamental, yet little-known principles of yoga.
She’s been teaching therapeutic yoga for stress in studios, hospitals, businesses, and with her 1:1 clients since 2005. Now she’s on a mission to make meaningful personal growth doable and practical with her signature Make Peace with Stress approach so each of us can be present, calm and confident, and change the world.
When not mentoring individuals and organizations to transform challenges into catalysts for growth, Stephannie can usually be found under a pile of books or working on writing her first book about how to take charge of your chaotic mind and focus on what’s really important to you.
In this episode-Chronic Stress:
- Stephanie shares her personal experience with depressive and stress-related symptoms, pulling out her eyebrows and eyelashes called trichotillomania, to becoming a certified yoga therapist
- What is Reset?
- Myth of overnight transformation
- Five signs chronic stress is impacting your body and life
- Getting curious about the “why” behind your actions
- When “shoulds” are running your life (episode 73 Where Perfectionism Comes From)
- If this one thing is a struggle for you, then it is an indicator of being out of alignment
- Our bodies are great gauges for our internal world
- Making yoga philosophy in life vs “just going to class”
- Becoming your own scientist
- This simple behavior can help you with great insight and when you can do it
- What Svadhyaya means
- Reacting vs responding to an external event (episode 45 Emotional Quotient)
- When you have a stress response begin to say this phrase to shift your perception
- Zooming out your viewpoint
- Renaming stress from a negative to this-your words have power
- Stephanie uses the image of a lily pad to do this practice
- How these steps are rewiring your brain connections
- As you tap into your inner knowing it builds this in you
- Moving away from fear leading your life to being lead by your soul
- Who has inspired Stephanie
- Why our world needs women’s voices, hearts, experiences, and our interconnectedness
Help me come up with the topic for the 100th Episode of Soulfilled Sisterhood. It is only a two-question survey, so it will take you less than 2 minutes to fill out. Thank you for your on-going support of the podcast!!