Here is the fifth conversation with my friend Tamara Powell. In episode 81 we discussed why we built our business and breaking through limiting beliefs. In episode 85 we talked about labels and constructs that may be holding you back and encouraged you to begin to explore them. In episode 89 we discussed the magic of liminal space or seasons of change. In episode 93 we discussed navigating fears in business and life.
If you do not know Tamara Powell, LMHC is a licensed therapist, university psychology instructor, and empowerment coach who believes life should be lived as a journey that is “anything but ordinary.”
Her work is specialized to help individuals break free from toxic cycles of distress, dysfunction, and dissatisfaction with life that are created when trying to live according to someone else’s rules.
Only by living what she calls radical autonomy, can one obtain soul nourishing relationships and a sense of true life purpose and inner peace.
In this episode-Shadow Work:
- What shadow work is and is not?
- Integrate the work into the now
- Spiritual bypassing
- When fear becomes the excuse of why you are stuck
- One definition of Shadow work
- Doing parts work
- How do you know there is a blind spot or shadow work to be done
- Invitation to the messy middle
- Some of our favorite tools
- Learned behaviors vs a trait
- A question you can ask yourself
- Paying attention to your dreams
- Tamara shares a personal example of struggle with vulnerability
- Nicole shares her thoughts on being vulnerable and leadership
- Being a step ahead of your clients
- Glennon Doyle’s books- vulnerability and next right step
- Non-dualistic thinking and business marketing
- Evolving vs old narrative holding you back
- Nicole shares a technique she uses with clients
- Our bodies wisdom
- Ongoing metacognition
- Nicole’s personal example of working through a perfectionist shadow
- Tamara’s personal journey of working through a religious shadow
- Trusting your intuition and the infinite possibilities
- Reclaiming your truth and power
Disclaimer: I am an affiliate of Amazon and receive a small portion of the sales, which helps me with continuing this podcast.
For your FREE email on “10 Signs You Might Be a Perfectionist” click the button and sign up.