Tapping through Limiting Beliefs
In this video, I share the steps in working through a limiting belief. This is meant to accompany episode 17 on Soulfilled Sisterhood podcast where I discuss the age limiting beliefs develop and ways to break through them. When you have the awareness of your thoughts that keep you stuck, afraid, playing small, etc now you have another choice to begin to break free of them.
Dr. Ronald Callahan developed this method to cure phobias, fears, and anxieties in his Five Minute Phobia Cure. It was further developed and popularized by Gary Craig, Dawson Church, Jessica and Nick Ortner, and others. Gary Craig called this system of emotional healing EFT Tapping or tapping.
The Basic Tapping Steps
- Decide what issue you want to tap on.
- Determine your level of discomfort—the intensity of the feeling or belief-from zero to ten with zero being the lowest and 10 being the highest.
- Create your “setup statement.” Example: “fear I won’t find my ideal mate”
- Choose a “reminder phrase.” Example: “fear of loneliness”
- Start with setup phrase and karate chop point on side of hand using four fingers. Tap on acupressure points 5 to 7 times each.
a. Setup phrase: “Even though I (state limiting belief) fear I won’t find my ideal mate, I totally and completely love and accept myself.
- Tap through the points: top of the head, eyebrow, outside of the eye, under the eye, under the nose, chin, collarbone, and under the arm.
- Do this three to four times.
- Take a deep breath and check on your intensity level. If it is 4 or below begin to add positive choice statements.
- Add a positive choice statement to say while you are tapping. Example: “I chose to believe I will find my ideal mate.” “I can choose right now I will find him.”
- Continue until you get to a zero.