Online Shop for Therapist, Healers, and Private Practice Owners
As a therapist and healer, you have learned skills in connecting, listening, empathizing, reframing, and working with clients from a specific framework(s). One of the biggest pieces missing from your, and majority of psychology or counseling graduate programs, is business training. If in your previous life you worked in the technology field you may be more skilled in creating websites. Or if you worked in sales you feel at ease with networking and sharing what you do now as a therapist. Or maybe you have a background in business and have the skills to establish a business, negotiate a lease and rent with more ease.
My previous background is in Accounting. I got a bachelors degree in Accounting and minored in Psychology. I then became a business analyst in which I assisted in doing software implementations, some programming, and writing training manuals, then conducting training here in the U.S., Canada, and Great Britain. One area I hear most therapists struggle or feel self-doubt is setting up their accounting and maintaining their books. Having a basic understanding of the income coming in, keeping a profit for yourself (yes it is possible to pay off school loans, save for retirement, vacation, etc) and managing your expenses is vital to having a thriving business.
You have the choice to maintain your own bookkeeping or hire it out. Either is okay, but before you hire it out, I encourage you to gain an understanding of the “how”, “why” and “what”. Knowing these areas of your finances impacts not only your business but your personal budget.
My goal is to help therapists and healers, like you, feel more confident around managing your money in their business and personal life.
To challenge the old beliefs systems that hold you back, such as, “I am not good with managing money”, “Who I am to charge that fee”, “Being a therapist you can’t have a profitable business”, “I didn’t get into this field to be profitable but to serve people”, etc.
To be a successful entrepreneur not only in your clinical skills, but running a financially stable business.
Who is this for:
- You are starting out your private practice or have been in business for a few years
- You struggle to manage your business and personal finances for your sole proprietor or LLC.
- Finances feel overwhelming or you are scared to look at your finances.
- You need practical step-by-step guidance, so you can fully step into your CEO power!
- Want to feel empowered in knowing your numbers for your business and personal life
- Ready to reframe the belief that therapists aren’t allowed to make money
- Uncover/discover your money blocks and learn how to get unstuck!
- You are ready to break through the money shame stories.
What you will have by the end of the process is:
- Learn a process to implement a NEW & EASY to use system!
- A copy of the tracking template/budget I have used for years to manage my business, personal finances, and paying off debts!
- Know your money blocks, so that you feel more empowered with your finances!
- A better understanding of managing your business as the CEO and accounting skills that are not taught in graduate school!
- Create conscious money habits, so that you feel more confident in your business!
- Conquer your MONEY fears to create a sustainable business to keep providing the much-needed services to clients!
- Help is here! I will share tips on how I save for retirement, vacations and business taxes!
- Four Modules PLUS Resources and Bonuses!
Who is this NOT for:
- If you already have a good handle on your finances for your business and personal life
- If you are an LLC and taxed as S-Corp
- If you are a Corporation
- Have employees
The Practical Profit for Psychotherapists Template includes tracking business expenses in tax categories for year-end taxes, car mileage, profit and loss statement, comparison of years, AND a personal budget! (Templates available if you are solely private pay OR take insurance.)
My plan is to eventually offer the Practical Profit for Psychotherapists for $197, but for the first 50 people who sign up using coupon code: DISCOUNT99 you only pay $99. Your feedback and thoughts about this online course will be very helpful as I revise and improve it.
If you are ready to have compassionate and practical guidance in managing your business and personal finances and break through limited money beliefs then purchase the online course TODAY! Be a part of changing how our field and the general public see the value in the work we do, by creating a sustainable business.
Nicole Burgess is an LMFT and Empowerment Coach who in her previous life worked as an accountant and business analyst in various manufacturing companies before becoming a psychotherapist.
Disclaimer: I am not a tax accountant, certified public accountant, or certified financial planner.
This is the first time I have started and maintained a budget for my business and home life.Comment from previous psychotherapist in our work together
What I wish I knew when starting out-comments from psychotherapists
“Keep accounting up to date from the start. Give it attention and not be avoidant.”
“It’s okay to make a decent living. It’s okay to charge more than other therapists. It’s okay to not accept insurance. And it’s okay to learn some basic accounting skills.”
“When starting out I wish had I been more aware of what my own money stories/wounds were and how that would impact EVERYTHING!”