Jodi Flynn of Women Taking the Lead is an Executive Leadership Coach, Podcaster, Author, Speaker, and Workshop Facilitator for people-leaders.
Rising women hire Jodi to improve the skills that advance them to the top levels in their careers and industry. She is the host of the critically acclaimed Women Taking the Lead podcast, and an Amazon bestselling author with her book, Accomplished: How to Go from Dreaming to Doing.*
Jodi has spoken at the Massachusetts Conference for Women, The Maine Women’s Conference, and Podcast Movement.
She is the President of the board for The Maine Women’s Conference and has been featured in Entrepreneur and Forbes Magazine.
In this episode-Type A Personality:
- Jodi shares her journey into becoming an executive leadership coach
- Her identifying with Type A personality
- Enjoying inspiring and motivating people yet yearning for more
- What she started out doing when feeling burnt out from corporate
- Jodi’s clients are either high to mid-level leaders and micro-organisms
- Pivoting and leaping into the unknown to find out what your soul is calling you to do
- Jodi reflects yearly on clients who she works with and their results
- Self-reflection (episode 1), self-care (ep 55), and how it impacts are business-look up episodes
- Feeling enlivened and fulfilled when working with ideal clients
- Synergy, connection, and creativity in work
- What is Energy Leadership Assessment
- How different assessments from MBTI to DISC to gain more insight into self and teams
- The assessment she uses isn’t static and self-awareness in 7 areas
- Choices have consequences
- Playing the good girl and breaking free (episode 2)
- “You are the center” of you life-it has a ripple effect
- How does perfectionism (ep 74) and people-pleasing show up with Type A personality who are leading others
- Looking back in history-group work in school, your entry-level job, and reinforcing the perfectionist and people-pleasing behaviors
- “As you rise through the ranks in your career/business to bring on people to help you what is needed from you is less doing and more being”-Jodi Flynn
- Role as a leader you need these skills
- Two negative impacts when you continue to do more vs trusting your team
- The common beliefs leaders and managers can tell themselves
- Where we typically direct our perfectionism
- How changing perspectives can actually improve your leadership and teamwork
- When stressed we miss these things
- Strategies on reducing stress in as little as 10 minutes
- Training your brain through practice
- How the pandemic is draining people’s energy
- The mental mind trap and perfectionism increasing its chatter
- Action step: What helps you feel held, supported, and write down self-care specifically for you
- What Jodi’s soul calling her to do these days
* Disclaimer: I am an affiliate of Amazon and receive a small portion of the sales, which helps me with continuing this podcast.
Accomplished: How to Go from Dreaming to Doing.
Ted Talk with Simon Sinek: How Great Leaders Inspire Action
For your FREE email on “10 Signs You Might Be a Perfectionist” click the button and sign up.